Wednesday

Stepping Back in TIme...

       Once upon a time, before there was the "Bontrager Family" as I know it; there were two teenagers, Marlin Bontrager and Becky Stoltzfus.  Well, yesterday I had the opportunity of visiting the place where they met for the first time- Calvary Bible School (at Bethel Springs Mennonite Church near Calico Rock, AR.)  



 I like the Bible verse on this sign; it pretty well sums up the reason why we spend time studying the Bible.

I was really excited to see this place; I had always heard about it, and now I can picture it in my mind! Besides the fact that my parents met here, I have friends that have attended here, so it was great to be able to finally see it myself!


 This is the creek that flows by the church.


 I don't know if this was here when my parents were, but I thought it was cool.

This is the church.  In case you can't tell, yesterday was a rainy day!

While Bro. Stanley was showing me around North-Central Arkansas, we stopped to see the view from this bluff.  I don't remember exactly, but I believe that from the top to the bottom the bluff is between 150 and 200 feet- straight down!


Because of the rain, the water was muddy, but normally it's clear.  

Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.  (Psalm 48:1)

3 comments:

  1. love it!!! So neat that you got to go there- Dad was pretty excited when he saw this.:)

    love ya,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. brings back memories.:) I didn't know you were in that area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I didn't either until I got here! I've heard so much about the place; it was great to finally see it!

      Delete

Comments containing hateful or unkind words or profanity will not be posted. You must sign your name to have your comment published.