Thursday

Why Be Faithful (Reason #2)

       #2.  The world is watching and waiting.  Matthew 5:13-16 says, "13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."  How can we expect people to be drawn to God, unless they see us living faithfully for Him?  We can try to witness all we want to, but if we don't base our life on the foundations and principles of the Bible, we won't get very far.

       I have a very dear friend who is a pastor.  Over the past few years, he has shared with me about his un-saved daughter.  Her lost condition was a great burden to him, as it would be to any parent.  He tried to be a light to her, but she didn't seem to have any interest in the Lord.  Well, I talked to my friend on the phone the other day, and he had great news- a lady in a store had witnessed to his daughter, and his daughter had become a Christian!  He then related to me something incredible that his daughter told him after she got saved.  She said, "Dad, all the miracles that I heard people talk about; I wasn't convinced that they were real.  But I was sure that what I saw in you was real!"  Even when she was lost in sin, she was still watching her dad; she saw that he had something real.  Wow! If an unbeliever was watching my life, could they tell that I had something real?

       Dear Christian, our passion for the lost should affect every area of our lives!  It should affect what we do, where we go, what we watch, what we say, the way we dress, the music we listen to; it should affect everything about us!  If my friend would have been unfaithful, he then would have had a bad testimony; in which case, his daughter may never have gotten saved.  And if that dear lady in the store hadn't been faithful to tell that girl about Jesus, she still may never have gotten saved.  Hey, there are lost people who need to hear the Gospel, and also see it lived out in front of them!  It's time that we get serious about the Great Commission, and it all starts with living a surrendered, faithful life.

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." (Gal. 6:9)


2 comments:

  1. That is so true. Its incredible how much the unsaved people are looking at us. The other day I was at school and someone came to me and told me that I was different than the rest. I was just like wow. Eventually I was able to talk to him about God. All that to say that people really look at us.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so exciting! Keep being a witness for Jesus!

      Mitchell

      Delete

Comments containing hateful or unkind words or profanity will not be posted. You must sign your name to have your comment published.