Friday

Why Be Faithful? (Reason #3)

       #3.  Christians are watching.  In particular, there are young Christians watching.  Not necessarily young physically, but young Spiritually.  We probably all know people in our family, our church, or our school, who haven't been a Christian for very long.  That doesn't make them any less important or less valuable than any one else; it just means that they haven't been walking with God as long as some other Christians, and thus can often be more susceptable to being "blown about by every wind of doctrine."

       It is vitally important that a young Christian reguarly studies the Bible for himself, spends time in prayer to God, and begins to build good habits.  If he doesn't see older, more mature Christians (such as friends, parents, or older siblings) already doing these things, then he will probably be less likely to continue doing them himself.  Oh, friend, if you take your walk with God in a serious manner, remember that there are others watching you.

       You may say, "I'm young and inexperienced; no one is watching me."  Friends, we need to get rid of the idea that we are too young to make a difference!  We would do well to heed Paul's advice to Timothy- "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." (I Tim. 4:12)  

       For example, my younger siblings (Joshua especially but others as well) have challenged me (and still are challenging me) more in the area of Scripture memory, than ALL the sermons I heard in my life combined!  Now, don't get me wrong, preaching from the pulpit is VITALLY important for all of us; I'm not saying it's not.  All I'm saying is that my younger siblings, mostly by their actions and also by their words, influenced me to start memorizing the Bible!  

       Luke 16:10a says, "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much."  You will never be faithful in big things, until you learn to be faithful in the every-day things.  God doesn't care how popular you are, how well known you are, or how talented you are; He just wants you to be faithful where you are!  Oh young man, young lady- if you will just decide NOW to be faithful, then one day you will reap a great, eternal reward!

Let us live for but one thing- to hear our Master say, 
"Well done, thou good and faithful servant." (Matthew 25:21)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments containing hateful or unkind words or profanity will not be posted. You must sign your name to have your comment published.