Friday

Christmas Eve

   I know my blog has been lying dormant for a LONG time, so I am going to give ya'll a bunch of pictures to make up!  These photos are from our Christmas Eve dinner, which is my favorite meal of the year.  Our family has a tradition of making appetizers for Christmas Eve, and it's a blast having everyone in the kitchen at the same time!  Here are some photos......
Bean Dip by Joshua (He ALWAYS makes this for Christmas Eve, and we ALWAYS enjoy it!)
Jalepeno poppers (by Chels)
Allison and Liz made the chocolates.  In case I've never told ya'll before, chocolate is my FAVORITE "food group"!
Taylor made twice baked potatoes
The fried mozzarella sticks turned out to be a "fried mozzarella blob," but it tasted good nonetheless! 
Veggies (Arranged by our dear mother)
Mushroom/Jalapeno Quesadillas (Made by Denver)
Stuffed mushrooms(Also by Denver)
Spinach/Artichoke dip (Hudson and I are big buds, so we help each other make a dish on Christmas Eve!)
Carson's usual dish is fried shrimp.  By the way, if you've never done so, you really should study about the health benefits of eating shrimp!  (JUST KIDDING!!!)
       Allison made delicious kabobs with mozzarella, salami, tomatoes, and pesto.  Yum!

       And a couple of my favorite pictures from the day.....
Elizabeth manages to get into more than her share of messes!
A good reminder to check what your clothes say BEFORE you put them on.  You never know who might take you literally!
We may all look peaceful in this picture, but some of us men were running out of patience (I mean, seriously, the food was getting cold and we decided THIS would be a good time for a family portrait?  But then again, that's what happens when your sister is a photographer!) 

       Praise the Lord for family, and most of all for the gift of His Son!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Mitchell and a Happy New Year! It's nice to hear from you and I love your blog; it's really helped me with some problems I've had with God and others. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing hateful or unkind words or profanity will not be posted. You must sign your name to have your comment published.