Saturday

Wisdom Teeth

       In September, I had my wisdom teeth extracted.  The actual process wasn't too painful; the toughest part was the next few days, when my mouth was EXTREMELY sore!  One funny moment, though, came when the dentist was in the process of taking my teeth out.  He asked me if I felt any pain, and since I couldn't talk (he had already numbed my mouth) I just shook my head "no."  Well, he took that to mean "yes," so he gave me another shot of the numbing solution!  I never did tell him that he misunderstood me, but the result of the extra shot was that my mouth stayed numb a little longer than it would have otherwise!  And a numb mouth basically means that the sides of your mouth feel like rubber, and your tongue is VERY lethargic!  Simply put, talking while in this state is next to impossible.  And not being able to talk is extremely annoying, especially when you live in a large family!  
       Talking, though, reminds me of a Bible verse I read recently, which says, "In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise." (Proverbs 10:19)  This verse is a good reminder to talk less!  
       And here are a few photos of me in my swollen condition-


       All together, it really wasn't that bad.  However, I am thankful that this is a once-in-a-lifetime procedure!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Can't wait 'til mine get extracted! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Comments containing hateful or unkind words or profanity will not be posted. You must sign your name to have your comment published.